Monday, October 02, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questions Answered!!!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?So far, I seem to like Caron Simply Soft . I haven't tried many varieties yet. Stuck with what I can find easily on sale. I love Peaches and Cream/ Sugar and Cream, Patons too. I just discovered dishcloths! :) The Bernat soft yarn is pretty too. I don't care for wool (allergic) and other scratchy yarns, so I lean toward softer brands.I have seen beautiful yarns posted on people's sites, but I don't know where they came from.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I have a purple zippered knitting needle case for my knitting needles, but nothing for my crochet hooks.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?I learned how to knit when I was a child from my Granny. I stopped , and recently stared back up. I never learned by a pattern, just learned the stitches. So now I am learning how to read a pattern. My girls wanted to learn. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate beginner maybe
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Yes, I do at Amazon
5. What's your favorite scent?Hmm...I like vanilla, pear, cinnamon, mulberry, and fresh scents( fresh linen, ocean breeze/freesia) no flowery or musky scents(for candles, bath products, etc.)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth?Oh my yes I do! Favorite candy? Hmm,a good milk chocolate is #1 with or without nuts/toffee caramel...yum! ,I love Sees Milk Chocolate balls they sell at Christmas, and really loved some delicious chocolate covered pecans I had once that I cannot find here right now.Licorice taffy(hard to find), Hot Tamales, laffy taffy, skittles too; (not many kinds I don't like!) I like dark chocolate when associated with coconut or mint. I also like good cookies.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? nothing else really except for school projectsDo you spin? No Idon't
8. What kind of music do you like? Gospel and traditional classical (Bach, Brahams..)Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?don't know. I assume maybe.It plays CDs, and DVDs (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
9. What's your favorite color(s)?All shades of purple Any colors you just can't stand?rust, greys,browns unless mixed with other colors
10. What is your family situation?Married for 19 years 4 children. 3 girls 1 boy. Do you have any pets?No Pets I have allergies and a daughter with asthma. ( Non smoking home also)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?yes to all but ponchos
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?So far Coasters, dishcloths and bookmarks. Quick items and easy to read patterns
13. What are you knitting right now?nothing right now
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Oh my, I'd be honored!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? straightBamboo, aluminum, plastic?Only have tried aluminum, would like to increase the variety of needles though. I have aluminum sizes:10.5,8,7,and 2. A pair of plastic size 3.75 that I don't remember why I got. Maybe for my youngest daughter.lol
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No
17. How old is your oldest UFO?3 yrs ? .....Maybe!
18. What is your favorite holiday?Christmas!!(and my birthday of course! )
19. Is there anything that you collect?Yes, I collect ink pens from various places and companies; Postcards, and crystal figurines or figurines of flowers and children
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?Yes, books are on my wish list at Amazon;Would like to try stitch markers, any patterns would be great I have just been getting them from the net. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?None as of yet
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?I don't know many so any would be nice to know. I can knit and purl basic stuff. I'd like to try that garterlac cloth but looks so hard, plus I didn't have the dpns
22. Are you a sock knitter? no, have never tried. looks so difficult!What are your foot measurements? ?sz 9.5 ?
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) Jan. 20th. I will be 45!!!!! Horray!

No comments: